Friday 22 July 2011

Day one - The registration



July 22, 2011…358 days to go. The registration moment.

The act of registering for an event is always an emotional moment for me. It’s the first brick of a big house we are about to build. Yes it’s not a mistake, it’s we! Perhaps there are persons who consider possible doing this crazy thing of preparing and participating in an Ironman all by themselves…not me!

First of all I need my family, they are my main source of “fuel”, not carbohydrates and protein. I am pretty sure they will be by my side all the way. Second I need my friends…they provide motivation and joy in the long hours of training I have to face.

I am certain that I can count on all of them!

If it’s not asking too much a little bit of luck would also be greatly appreciated.

Registration is completed. It’s amazing how a sudden rush of adrenalin ran throughout my body in the very moment I clicked the submit button. I felt like going for a 5 hour ride! No can do! Long run tomorrow, there is a marathon to run in October.

I will try to post as much as I can of the forthcoming adventure. This way you can all benefit of my crazy approach to Ironman training.

This is truly day one of a long journey.

Wish me luck!

No comments: